For 2019, the iconic, annual Hudson’s guide draws together knowledge from 32 years’…
The Lincolnshire Wolds
The Lincolnshire Wolds AONB is one of the most beautiful and untouched natural areas in the UK. It ticks all the boxes for beauty, history, heritage, culture, food, outdoor pursuits and is also a destination that can cover countryside, coast and city within the county.
The Lincolnshire Wolds is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offering:
- Stunning countryside 216miles² of beautiful unspoilt countryside with Spectacular walking and cycling routes, you can take your pick from leisurely strolls to serious treks including the 235km Viking Way!
- Natural coastline with a number of blue-flag and dog-friendly beaches. Visit Donna Nook in the autumn to see the grey seals with their new pups and the North Sea Observatory is also perfect to spot beautiful wildlife.
- Delicious local food and produce including breweries, vineyards, distilleries, rustic pubs, award winning restaurants, afternoon teas and of course no pooch could resist our famous sausages!
- Charming towns with cobbled streets, quaint villages and hamlets. Visit the beautiful Woodhall Spa and it’s Kinema In The Woods! A 100-year-old cinema in the woods with a resident organist that rises out of the stage to entertain guests during intervals.
- Active outdoor pursuits with walking, cycling, horse riding, golfing, swimming, climbing etc.
- History & Heritage with historical aviation bases and museums, castles and country homes, walks that map the footsteps of Lord Tennyson and even a steam railway.
Take a look at this video for more inspiration about the Lincolnshire Wolds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbmfbuyrig or visit the website: https://lovelincolnshirewolds.com/